Personal Philosophy

Personal Philosophy

Philosophy can be best described as the attitudes that act as our guiding principles for behaviour.  There are a variety of aspects that mold our philosophy and although we don’t always acknowledge how we come to hold the values and beliefs that we do, everyone has a philosophy.

My vision for working with children is that I will provide a safe place where they feel nurtured and able to express their thoughts, feelings, curiosities, fears and excitement.

In three years, I see my greatest strengths with children to be experience, maturity, confidence and patience.  I believe these are skills that I am developing now, and will continue to develop with time.

I envision the early learning environment as safe, open, free, fun, nurturing, full of learning opportunities, and available to all.

I see children as eager, absorbent, and capable of learning, people of value, deserving of love and respect.

I view children’s families to be important, to be respected, that they have infinite love for their child and want the best for them.

I suspect cultural diversity will enhance any program that children are involved with.

I envision my colleagues as capable, trustworthy, open to communicate ideas and dreams, deserve my respect.

“Children learn as they play.  Most importantly, in play children learn how to learn.” – O. Fred Donaldson

Every child is deserving of being nurtured, feeling valued and respected, and having fun in an environment that allows for learning opportunities and growth – regardless of race, religion, culture, ability or personal circumstance.

As an Early Childhood Educator, my role is to support daily learning through stimulating the children’s curiosities and following their lead through activities and play.  Communicating regularly with families and caregivers is important so that we may work together in the best interest of the child.

I will endeavour to give children the opportunity to be creative, to learn, to grow, make choices and mistakes – all in an environment that is safe and open for such occasions to take place.

As an Early Childhood Educator, I am committed to extending my learning alongside the children, both for professional development and for the joy of curiosity.

Playing Together.  Growing Together.  Learning Together.